This is the paystub for the female child worker from HEG (Huizhou) Electronics Co., Ltd. we interviewed for this investigation— Wu Xiaofang (This is an alias as well as the name she used on her fake ID in order to get into the factory to work). She told our investigator that she was 14 years old. This paystub and its wealth of information is strong evidence in support of our report’s conclusions. According to the listed hours, salary, and overtime pay shown above, we calculated that her approximate overtime was between 70 and 84 hours in this month. The daily subsidy for night shifts is 7 RMB ($1.09), and she received a total of 77 RMB in subsidies for her night shifts in this month. So it can be easily concluded that she worked 11 night shifts during this month, each shift lasting from 8pm to 8am. This paystub clearly shows how the factory was treating this 14-year-old girl. In its statement, the factory alleged that Xiaofang made up a story about her terrible working conditions out of revenge for her dismissal by the factory.
- Pegatron pictures
- Foxconn Employs Interns between 14 to 16
- Update October 14:3000 to 4000 workers strike at Foxconn’s China factory
- As Millions Buy iPhone 5, Chinese Workers at Apple Plant Foxconn Protest Workplace Conditions
- Sept. 24, 100-worker strike occurred in Zhongshan, Guangdong
- A 6000-workers strike occurred in Flextronics,Shanghai
- Weekly News Brief
- Samsung Lied About Hiring Discrimination in China
- An Investigation of Eight Samsung Factories in China: Is Samsung Infringing Upon Apple’s Patent to Bully Workers?
- Images of an investigation of 8 Samsung’s Factories in China